It is no secret that the Internet has changed the way companies
conduct business, and many companies have grown exponentially due
to this global tool. But what about small, local, or
"mom-and-pop" businesses? Here are some interesting facts to
- 89 percent of consumers start with a search
engine when looking for information on products, business,
- 88 percent of smartphone users and 84 percent of tablet owners
conduct local searches.
- Many people are willing to drive up to 17 minutes to reach a
destination they had searched for.
- The average cost to generate a lead through inbound marketing
($143) is about half the average for outbound marketing
- Organic search leads have a 14.6 percent close
rate, while outbound marketing leads have a 1.7 percent
- 71 percent of US consumers expect to be able to view a
retailer's in-store inventory online
- 50 percent of US consumers expect to be able to
purchase items online and pick them up
- 68 percent of consumers check out companies on social
networking sites before buying
- Nearly 70 percent of US internet users sometimes compared
prices or read reviews before visiting a brick-and-mortar
Those are all great studies that have been performed, giving us
more data to prove that every business needs to be active in their
website marketing, from search engine
optimization to social media marketing.
Contact us today to see how we can help.
You can read the full Inc.com article here